Remember a few of these tips before a road trip
After you’ve piled in all of your road trip necessities, don’t forget some of these details in order to ensure a smooth, safe ride in your vehicle. Finding out how to get your car ready for a road trip can be just as stressful as planning for the trip itself! Don’t worry, we’ve got a few tips for you.
Get over to Toyota of Decatur for a quick vehicle inspection. You can never be too careful. Let one of our service professions run over your vehicle to inspect for any needed service or parts. With all of the time and preparation you have invested, let the pros worry about it! Take a load off in our waiting area, enjoy a snack or beverage and you’ll be on your way in no time at all!
Cars like the 2015 Toyota Camry are great economical cars, that save on fuel mileage. A large vehicle like the Toyota Sienna or Sequoia will provide will provide a spacious, comfortable drive during any season.
Quick tips to prepare kids for a road trip:
- Quick tips to prepare kids for a road trip:
- Buy a car seat, don’t rent one
- Secure everything in your car, SUV, or van before you travel
- Check that your child is properly secured in a car seat
- Don’t add extra padding or towels to your child’s car seat
While on the road, we encourage you to NOT to do the following things:
- Eat or drink while on the road
- Shave or put on makeup
- Holding conversations with passengers
- Continuously adjusting the radio or climate control
- Driving tired
- Using your phone
Some items to keep in your vehicle on a road trip:
- Extra oil or coolant
- Tire pressure gauge
- First aid kit
- Extra water or snacks
- A blanket (you might need it in the summer time too!)
- Roadside flare or road marker lights